How To Use Heat Pack
Please download the instructions on how to use your Hot Pack from ThermalMAX or watch the video below.
Download the ThermalMAX® Heat Pack Instructions in English
Download the ThermalMAX® Heat Pack Instructions in Spanish
Watch Our Video
Watch our video about how to use ThermalMax Heat Packs on YouTube (opens in new tab)
Place heat pack in comfort wrap when heating and when in use.
Do not apply hot pack directly to skin. Follow all instructions carefully
ThermalMAX proper use and instructions:
1. Insert reusable heat pack into adjustable comfort wrap. Position the heat pack in the comfort wrap so that the top (labeled side) is facing in the same direction as the top(labeled side) of the comfort wrap.DO NOT MICROWAVE OR USE THE HEAT PACK WITHOUT PLACING INTHE COMFORT WRAP.
2. Place comfort wrap/heat pack flat in the microwave. Do not place any other materials in the microwave.
3. Heat in the microwave as follows. Do not exceed suggested heating time:900 Watts – 2 minutes1100 Watts – 1 minute 45 seconds1200 Watts – 1 minute 30 seconds
4. If microwave does not have a turntable, rotate heat pack 180° degrees halfway through heating time.
5. Allow comfort wrap/heat pack to sit for 30 seconds before removing from microwave. DO NOT APPLY HEAT PACK TO DIRECTLY TO SKIN WITHOUT COMFORT WRAP. ENSURE THAT HEAT PACK IS POSITIONED CORRECTLY IN THE COMFORT WRAP (TOP TO TOP).
6. Test comfort wrap/heat pack for temperature and comfort level before use. Place comfort wrap/heat pack over the affected area.Always position the rounded side of red modules toward the affected area.
7. Reheating product: Once 2 hours have elapsed from initial heating, the comfort wrap/heat pack may be reheated in increments of 15 seconds, until preferred temperature is reached. (Note: Without following these instructions, Thermal MAX may not last up to 2 hours.) DO NOT MICROWAVE OR USE THE HEAT PACK WITHOUT PLACING INTO COMFORT WRAP.
CAUTION: Always monitor comfort wrap/heat pack in microwave while heating. If any swelling of the comfort wrap/heat pack occurs, stop heating immediately and wait for the swelling to subside before removing. Before removing the comfort wrap/heat pack from the microwave, carefully check for any signs of possible rupture or leakage. If any leakage is found, do not use.
Care and cleaning:
Comfort wrap may be machine or hand washed only after heat pack has cooled down and been removed.
Always store heat pack flat in comfort wrap at room temperature.
- Do not exceed suggested heating time. Overheating may cause damage.
- If swelling of heat pack occurs leave in microwave until swelling goes down.
- Keep heat pack away from sharp objects.
- Discontinue use if heat pack leaks.
- Heat pack is non-toxic and latex free.
- If contents come in to contact with eyes or clothing, rinse with warm water.
- Discontinue use if discomfort, redness or swelling occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- To ensure safe use follow instructions.
- Store heat pack flat in comfort wrap at room temperature.
- Keep instructions for future use.
- Consult your physician to find out if heat therapy is safe for you.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE OR USE THE HEAT PACK WITHOUT PLACING IN THE COMFORT WRAP.
- NOT for use directly on skin – ALWAYS use comfort wrap.
Recommended For: Back, Shoulder, Neck, Hip, Knee, Ankle, Elbow, Wrist